This annoucement is especially focuses on the following workshop:
Integrated Processing, Control and Knowledge Systems for Sustainable Production in Farms and Forests workshop
The workshop is arranged as a part of the Dexa 2015 conference in September 2015. There are also other workshops. Please take a look at:
Call for Papers
The workshop targets to bring together experts from the computer science and agricultural research community and thus create an interdisciplinary coverage and allow for further networking between the communities. The focus of the workshop covers data management and the use of IT systems in agricultural and forestry research, as well as research related to agricultural and forestry systems used in practice.
The scope of the workshop covers, but is not limited to:
- on integrated solutions based on a cross platform architecture entitling standards and related technologies for communication between automation systems and IT systems in farms and forest related process;
- The complete process sequences of smart cultivation in greenhouses, fields and forests;
- IoT cloud-enabled Agribusiness Intelligent Information Management System platform and Subsystems with corresponding middleware, and security and privacy architecture for process automation, data management, monitoring and control;
- novel sustainable intelligent Knowledge Management subsystems for integrating currently scattered data and resources for optimal conformity, interpretation and adaptation to agriculture; input-output gateway modules, including wireless standards for medium/long range;
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) demonstrator devices and end-user's application services;
- fusion algorithms and network propagation models for heterogeneous sensor networks and wireless sensor networks, signal/data analysis and visualization bringing together technologies, experience and research results from industrial automation, "Internet of Things" and agribusiness sectors;
- systems addressing the need for seamless data transfer between complex field devices/automation systems and IT systems for several stakeholders in agribusiness and forestry production.
We particularly welcome contributions from knowledge science, computer science provided that they contribute to the advancement of science on farming systems analysis, assessment, design or implementation.
Relevant topics for submissions include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge Representation, Management and Processing
- Sensor Networks and Data Management
- Big Data Processing
- Intelligent Data Fusion
- Event Processing
- Process Aware Information Systems
- Decision Support Systems
- Spatio-temporal Databases
- Data Quality Management
Jan Kubovy, Johannes Kepler University Linz (JKU), Austria
Jussi Nikander, Natural Resources Institute Finland (LUKE), Finland
Workshop email: email@example.com
PAPER SUBMISSION DETAILS
Authors are invited to submit electronically original contributions in English. Submitted papers should not exceed 5 pages in IEEE format http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/formatting.
At least one of the authors of an accepted paper must register to DEXA'15 conference and present the paper at IPCK-FF'15 workshop. For paper registration and electronic submission see http://confdriver.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/dexa2015/ starting from January 2015.
Papers accepted for presentation will be published by IEEE Conference Publishing Services (CPS) as proceedings of the DEXA 2015
- Submission of Full Papers: March 31th, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance: April 30th, 2015
- Camera-ready Copies and Registration of Participation: May 25th, 2015
Workshop: between September 1-4, 2015 in Valencia, Spain
Accepted Papers will be published in the DEXA Workshops Proceedings 2015 by Conference Publishing Services (CPS).